Effective January 1, 2014
South Bay Force FC d/b/a LA Galaxy South Bay (“LA Galaxy South Bay”, "the club", "we," "us," or "our") is committed to respecting the privacy rights and concerns of
- visitors to LAGalaxySouthBay.com and any other websites we operate (the “Sites”);
- people with whom we communicate via services such as email, bulk email / newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and other media (the "Communication Methods"); and
- people who use the third party services we have contracted with to handle player registration and payment (the "Registration Service").
Information We Collect, and How We Use It
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, and collect or creates other data that is not tied to your personal information. “Personal Information” is information that someone could use to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you – such as your name, mobile phone number, or email address. The following describes the type of information we collect and how we collect it.
1) Information You Explicitly Give Us:
- When you register a player using the Registration Service, you provide a phone number, email address, and home address.
- When you fill out player registration paperwork for Cal South or other associations, you provide a phone number, email address, and home address.
- When you sign up for the newsletter or other emailed information, you provide an email address.
- When an authorized user receives a LAGalaxySouthBay.com email address, they provide a personal email address as well.
- When a person becomes an editor of the website, a personal email address is required as part of the registration process.
- Team managers must supply personal email addresses.
- When you follow us on Twitter, we see your Twitter user name.
- When you follow our Group or Page on Facebook, we see your Facebook name.
- If you send us an email, text message, web form, or other communication, it might contain personal information such as an email address or phone number.
2) Information You May Not Know You Give Us:
When visiting our Sites, we collect the following information to better understand how visitors are using them and to improve their utility:
- Our sites may have images or small “pixel tags” on webpages that allow us to gather data such as IP address of the device viewing the webpage, time spent viewing the page, and other similar data.
- Links on our Sites, in our newsletters, in our Tweets, and in other forms of communication may be in a format that allows us to count how many times a particular link has been followed.
- Our servers automatically record "log file" information that your browser sends when you visit the Sites. This information includes your numeric Internet Protocol address, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, your browser type and version, any link you clicked to come to our site, pages you requested, files you downloaded, and the date and time.
We use this information about Site activity to:
- restore saved preferences and otherwise personalize your experience based on your previous visits,
- speed login,
- identify new or repeat visitors,
- serve advertising or other content which we think might interest you,
- understand where our site traffic comes from and goes to;
- help us understand how our visitors use the site and to improve the user experience,
- deal with technical problems or customer service issues.
3) Information We Obtain from Third Parties:
When visiting our Sites:
- We may rely on third parties such as Google Analytics to collect and / or analyze website visitor statistics and log file information generated by our systems.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information from marketing and content partners related to the performance of their content on the Sites.
- We may use information from social networks to speed login / authentication, and may integrate information you have allowed them to share, such as your address book, into the Mobile Services, Tools, and Sites in order to improve your experience.
We take measures reasonably necessary to protect against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or deletion of personally identifiable information. The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers which are located in secured collocation facilities with restricted physical and network access. Our hardware, applications, databases, and networks are protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of the information they contain. We restrict access to personal information under our control to our employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services, all of whom are bound by agreements requiring them to keep all our data, including personal information, confidential. The consequences of a breach of this confidentiality obligation may include termination and criminal prosecution.
Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems and those of our service providers. However, we can not protect user information all along the multi-party delivery chain. No server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
Sharing of Information
In general, we will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, subject to the following exceptions:
1) Handling Online Interactions Between You and Us
We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information, delivering information to you, receiving information from you, or interacting with you in any way. These may include third parties that perform these services:
- email and other communications services
- our player registration service
- services used for the Communications Methods
- state and national youth soccer associations
- messages to you in response to your request for support or information
- alerts, newsletters, or other information that you have opted to receive
- website hosting providers, ISPs, colocation partners, and / or content delivery networks
- data networks over which the above information travels
Some of these organizations may have their own independent access to personal information about you.
2) Demographic Surveys Required by Fields Vendors
We may be required to share demographic and other information with third parties such as fields vendors (typically school districts and city parks departments) as a condition of obtaining access to a facility or in order to qualify for a certain price. This information typically includes a last name and street address. We require that any such data be held confidential by the receiving party.
3) Aggregated Information for News Articles
We may share demographic and other anonymous information in aggregated (i.e., not personally identifiable) form on our website or with third parties such the press. This anonymous information may include, for example, trends, preferences, and other collective characteristics of our members, but will not include personally identifiable information that can be linked to any one person.
4) Legal and Related Reasons
We will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that:
- access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities,
- such action is appropriate to enforce our Terms of Service (if such Terms of Service exist), including any investigation of potential violations thereof,
- such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Sites, or
- such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Club, its employees or contractors, or users of the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services, or others.
Communicating With You
We may send you email, text messages, or other communication in order to:
- Deliver messages you signed up to receive;
- Contact you about matters related to your account or your use of the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services;
- Deliver club communications such as the newsletter (which you may opt out of receiving)
- To reply to a message (email or some other communication) that you sent to us;
- If one of our third party service providers needs to contact you in order to resolve a problem. Such providers must agree not to otherwise contact you and to not share your personal information without your permission.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications from Us
You may opt out of receiving future communications by doing one of the following:
- Follow the opt out directions included in the messages we send. Methods include clicking the unsubscribe link in a newsletter;
- If available, fill out a unsubscribe web form on the website;
- Send a request to news@LAGalaxySouthBay.com detailing which communications you no longer want to receive and which email address(se) the opt out applies to;
- Send a written request to the mailing address listed at http://www.lagalaxysouthbay.com/content/staff-contacts.
We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, unduly burdensome or impractical or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others.
Information You Share Publicly
Third Party Sites
Notice to Users Located Outside the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us or we collect (as described above) will be transferred to the United States. By using the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
Our Sites are intended for general audiences and no portion of them is directed specifically to children under the age of 13.
Changes in our business may result in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of the Club's assets, including the personal information we collected from you through your use of the Sites, Communications Methods, and Registration Services. If all or substantially all of our assets are subject to such a transaction, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
Effective Date and Changes
California Privacy Rights
Questions? Contact Us